Best Muay Thai Gloves For 2020
Understanding and knowing Muay Thai is one of the most important things if you want to practice MMA. Of course there’s other things you need to know in MMA for instance wrestling, boxing, Brazilian jujitsu and not last Muay Thai. In retrospect that list is not exclusive to just those sports , there also are fighters that started out with such things such as karate and you have such stars as George St. Pierre who did just that. He as we all know kicked butt in MMA. There also fighters who had Kung fu experience and the list goes on.
If you want to be good in MMA you’re deathly going to have to have some Muay Thai experience. This skill is a very pounding martial art that’s going to be deafly focusing on your knees your elbows a lot of kicks. This sport is known to be very violent it’s known as the 8 limbs.
So if you think you could just use a normal boxing glove for the sport boy are you wrong. Boxing gloves are designed for punching, the way they are designed is not the best design for Muay Tha . In Muay Tha there’s gonna be a lot of grabbing your opponents neck ,using the back of your hand, doing a lot of crazy knees to their head , body , it’s just a sport that normal boxing gloves will not suffice.
You need a Muay Thai glove that’s going to be designed for such a sport. You gonna need to grab your opponent. The unique characteristic about these Muay Tha gloves is they are shorter and more compact, it’s something that just your average go to boxing gloves from the west is not going to be able to be what you want.
So let’s take a look at what we, and more so people who we talk to have to say , so let’s see what are the best gloves for muay thai. Have a look
1. Fairtex Thai Style Training Gloves
Fairtex Muay Thai Style Training Sparring Gloves (16 oz, USA)
- Applicable for sparring, bag training and pad work.
- Tight fit design.
- Constructed of premium leather with vectro straps and handmade in Thailand.
- Free Shipping upgrade. Gloves ship express with standard shipping cost.
- Wrap-around hook & loop closures comfort and stabilize the wrists.
Fairtex are apparently the lords of Muay Thai gloves and the related other things they make. They’ve been delivering amazing gloves for quite a long time and in addition to creating Muay Thai title holders in their rec centers in Thailand. They are good!
These gloves enable you to toss overwhelming strikes and viably control your rival in a secure sense, which makes them a splendid expansion to your apparatus pack in the event that you wish to utilize them for full MMA fighting moreover.
They are accessible in sizes of 8oz, 10oz, 12oz, 14oz and 16oz. The littler, lighter gloves are clearly better for the littler learner yet additionally for rivalry utilize. It’s best to blunder in favor of being aware however and purchase the heaviest gloves you can in the event that you wish to utilize them in competing environment. Your competing accomplice will thank you for it.
In case you’re style-cognizant, Fairtex offer 22 distinctive shading choices to browse so you can almost certainly have the correct shading or style that you’re searching for.
Fairtex Muay Thai Boxing Gloves Review by ratethisgear
2. Sanabul Battle Forged Muay Thai Style Professional Gloves
Sanabul Battle Forged Thai Style Kickboxing Professional Gloves (Black, 14 oz)
- Battle Tested: We created our Battle Forged series with the serious striker in mind. That’s why Team Sanabul athletes like UFC fighters Alan Jouban and Sean “Sugar” O’Malley use our gear day in and day out to prepare them for battle
- Technologically Advanced. The fit is the same as traditional Muay Thai gloves but we use SBL engineered leather, hand-shaped three layer foam, and other modifications to provide added comfort and durability
- Cutting Edge Design: A classic leather glove aesthetic paired with new school design. SBL Engineered leather makes cleaning and upkeep easier. Durasoft Impact Foam lets you squeeze more power out of your punches without worrying about your knuckles
- Sophistication in Simplicity: Solid colors and the iconic Sanabul embossed logo gives these shin guards a timeless look that will age gracefully as they go hundreds of rounds with you
- Premium Material that Pros will Notice: For strikers that care about the details, you’ll appreciate the premium lining that will give these gloves longer life
The primary thing that emerges about the Sanabul BattleForged gloves is the way they look so staggering. In the event that you incline toward a more moderate stylish then these gloves are the ones for you. Numerous organizations toss a wide range of complex babble on their gloves nowadays like phony blood splatters and blazes and such. In any case, Sanabul comprehend that you don’t need to be over-the-top or flashy in light of the fact that you’re offering battle adapt. Your hands will do the talking!
These gloves are an indistinguishable size and style from a customary Muay Thai glove yet with included cushioning and insurance so you don’t need to pull your punches in the event that you would prefer not to. Sanabul utilize their SBL designed calfskin and hand-formed three layer froth to keep your hands as sheltered and secure as they can be.
Muay Thai Sanabul Battle Forged
3. Everlast 12 Ounce Pro Style Muay Thai Gloves
Everlast 12-Ounce Pro Style Muay Thai Gloves
$34.06 in stock
1 used from $19.74
- Full wrist wrap strap provides superior wrist support and allows for a more customizable fit
- Premium synthetic leather along with excellent glove construction provides long lasting durability and functionality
Everlast knows battle games and they know how to create the most ideal apparatus at the most ideal cost. They know combat ok!
They highlight a full wrist lash that gives predominant wrist bolster and takes into consideration a more agreeable and movable fit.
One of the issues with Muay Thai gloves is that conventional Muay Thai does not include an accentuation on punches, and the gloves mirror that; less help for the wrist and knuckles for instance. Everlast battle this with the protected wrist lash so despite everything you get that same Muay Thai glove adaptability in the secure yet with enough help for when you need to let them hands go.
The exceptional engineered cowhide additionally gives enduring solidness and usefulness. You’ll have the capacity to utilize these all the live long day without the calfskin breaking or the creases coming free.
EVERLAST Pro-Style Boxing Training Gloves (STRIKING TEST)
4. RDX Ego Muay Thai and Boxing Gloves
RDX Boxing Gloves for Training Muay Thai Maya Hide Leather Mitts for Fighting, Kickboxing, Sparring EGO Gloves for Punch Bag, Focus Pads, Thai Pad, Grappling Dummy and Double End Ball Punching
1 used from $39.34
- Maya Hide leather construction makes RDX boxing gloves stubbornly durable and long-lasting. Ego gloves stands undisputed victor of the all-inclusive, hard-hitting, training and working out. Material is resistant to cracks, tear or splits
- Extra thick padding protects your hands and attached thumb. Highly dense padding is implacable for athletes indulged into Muay Thai, Kickboxing, and contact sports.
- Extra-long Quick EZ Hook-and-Loop offers superior wrist-support and a comfortable fit. The strap allows for a bit more wrist movement, and keeps your wrists aligned while striking.
- S.P.P technology provides natural airing and decreases sweat while you train. Perforated holes in the palm helps in shrinking unpleasant aroma and keeps your palms dry and comfortable.
- Quadro-Dome technology is far too effective than the layered-foam conventional boxing gloves, this technology seeks to provide eventual protection. It assists in natural alignment when striking, maintains stable wrist and thumb position.
RDX utilize their strong Maya shroud cowhide in the gloves development which furnishes it with a tenacious strength and dependable life.
Additional thick supremo-stun froth is utilized all through the glove, with accentuation on the knuckles, wrist and other particularly defenseless parts of the hand. The snappy EZ velcro framework enables the gloves to be gone up against and off effectively without outer help and keeps the glove firm and secure while you’re utilizing them.
RDX likewise make utilization of their selective Quadro-Dome innovation to scatter constrain similarly all through the glove so no piece of your hand takes undue pressure.
Like all RDX items, they are both smooth and a la mode. With this glove, there are five shading choices you can combine against the white gloves; blue, brilliant, pink, green and red. The shocking outline remains sturdy and won’t effectively break or peel off with stress to them.
RDX T9 Boxing Gloves Review by ratethisgear
Best Muay Thai Gloves Brand
5. Fairtex Muay Thai Falcon Gold BGV1 Gloves
Fairtex Gloves Muay Thai Boxing Sparring BGV1 (Falcon, 16oz)
$88.88 in stock
- Ergonomically engineered with a unique contoured and tight-fit hand compartment designed to provide a secure and snug fit.
- Constructed of premium leather with the Fairtex foam system for excellent hand and knuckle protection and shock disbursement.
- Genuine leather gloves with velcro straps.
- All-purpose boxing gloves and Tight fit design.
- Handmade in Thailand. Size: 8 - 16 oz.
By and by, Fairtex graces this list of our best five rundown. They deliver such a large number of best of the range items that it’s relatively difficult to make a rundown of extraordinary Muay Thai gloves and just incorporate them once.
These shocking gloves are gold in both quality and shading, with a dark bird of prey theme imprinted on the best side of them and a coordinating dark hieroglyphic symbol on every wrist tie.
Similarly as with all Fairtex gloves, you can expect the most extreme in quality and development with these gloves and an item that will remain steadfast notwithstanding hard and overwhelming use. Regardless of the polished interest, these gloves have been made because of extreme preparing and will withstand anything you toss at them.
Fairtex Universal Training Glove Review
To Sum It Up
So to sum it up as you can see having a regular boxing glove just won’t do. You were going to need a Muay Thai glove. There’s a lot of people out there who have the misconception that Muay Thai is just about kicking knees and such.
But they do not realize that your hands are just as important. You need to clinch, and this is why using a western boxing glove is not going to do the job. So do you self a favor, go out and get yourself some some Muay Thai gloves or better yet just do the Amazon thing and save yourself a bunch of money. We saved you time and linked the reviews to amazon so you didn’t have to search yourself.