The Best BJJ Apparel For 2021 Reviews
1. TATAMI Fightwear Estilo 6.0 Premium BJJ Gi
Tatami Fightwear Estilo 6.0 Premium BJJ Gi - A1 - Blue/White
- Made from high quality materials with delicate detailing
- Y-Jacket vents provide ultimate fit
- 550 gsm pearl weave jacket and 12 oz. canvas pants
- Embroidered Tatami and Estilo logos
- Woven tape lining cuffs and base of jacket
Tatami Fightwear Estilo 5 0 Premium Jiu-Jitsu Gi
The Tatami Estilo 5.0 is the culmination of years of development and research by the professional Gi designers at Tatami. Working with our team of high level ...
2. Fuji BJJ Uniform
Fuji BJJ Uniform, White, A2
- BJJ Gi: FUJI BJJ Gi (kimono) is the best-selling and most trusted Fuji Gi (kimono) in the world. The FUJI All-around is an award-winning Jiu Jitsu Gi (kimono), recognized by many industry publications!
- Jiu-Jitsu Uniform: Mid-weight with stiff, thick collar and multi-layered reinforcement across all stress points, designed for fit, durability, and comfort
- Cotton Blend Kimono: The pants of the BJJ Kimono are a premium cotton blend twill pants with a cotton drawstring
- BJJ Gear: Our BJJ Gi is tested and approved by world-renowned organizations; such as Ribeiro, Team Renzo Gracie, Rilion Gracie, Roger Gracie, Brazilian Top Team and thousands of others
- Jiu-Jitsu Kimono: 100% IBJJF certified. FUJI: Designed to achieved excellence!
The Ultimate FUJI Sports BJJ Gi Guide
Fuji Sports is one of the key brands in BJJ. They are known for their quality gi's with a clean design. This clean design also makes it hard to tell the different gi's ...
3. Fuji Summerweight BJJ Uniform
FUJI Summerweight BJJ Uniform, Lightweight BJJ Gi with Bungee Drawstrings
- BJJ Gi: FUJI Summerweight BJJ Gi is light in weight, ideal for hot weather training sessions. The lightweight Gi offers a Pearl Weave Jacket, weighing only 450 grams
- Jiu Jitsu Uniform: Our Jiu Jitsu uniform is pre-shrunk and IBJJF, NABJJF, UAEJJF Approved. Highly recommended for making weight at competitions!
- Cotton Blend Kimono: The jacket of the Gi features a thick rubber collar that is resistant to mildew, designed to last the longest!
- Lightweight BJJ Gear: The durable twill pants of the BJJ Gi are made from durable cotton and feature a Bungee Drawstring. This preshrunk Gi Gi also includes two free sew-on patches!
- Durable Gi: Made to air dry quickly, the FUJI summerweight jiu jitsu kimono sports minimal decorations, with only FUJI embroidered logos on sleeves, back of neck and pants
How a BJJ Gi Should Fit - Travis Stevens
Get the perfect fitting gi at http://www.fujisports.com/bjj/gis.html and SUBSCRIBE for weekly BJJ &amp;amp;amp; Judo Pro Tips from #TeamFUJI Olympians, World Champions ...
4. Fuji Suparaito Gi
Fuji Suparaito BJJ GI Martial Arts Uniform, White, A2
- Lightweight Pearl weave jacket
- Triple reinforced rip Stop pants
- Stiff collar with extra rows of stitching
- Bungee cord drawstring
- Contrast stitching
Fuji Suparaito "Super Lite" Gi Review
Two of fuji's suparaito gi's were used hard by myself for 4 months. How well do they hold up? Is it the light weight gi for you or should you pass on by?
5. Elite Sports IBJJF Ultra Light BJJ Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi W/Preshrunk Fabric & FREE BELT
Elite Sports BJJ GI for Men IBJJF Kimono BJJ Jiujitsu GIS W/Preshrunk Fabric & Free Belt (See Special Sizing Guide) (Brown, Size 3)
- ✅ SIZE CHART: The Elite Sports brazilian jiu jitsu gi comes in 10 sizes, check out our SIMPLE SIZE CHART FOR EXACT FIT given in product images.
- ✅ NO SHRINKING – Elite Sports Jiu-Jitsu GI is made from pre-shrunk fabric you’ll never have to worry about your lightweight BJJ GIs shrinking. Just wash this lightweight BJJ GI for men in cold water and hang to dry. The pre-shrunk fabric of our BJJ kimono is strong and durable.
- ✅ IBJJF APPROVED – This IBJJF GI is approved from International BJJ Federation, so you can wear our BJJ Jiu-Jitsu GI in competitions and tournaments held by IBJJF. Various sizes and colors are available for both men and women from ages 18 to up 55 years. This Jiu Jitsu GI has a stylish and elegant design.
- ✅ FREE WHITE BELT w/ STRIPE BAR – Our lightweight men’s BJJ kimono is complemented with a free white belt for beginners which is made of the same cotton as the GI. The free while belt also has a stripe bar that will allow you to earn your stripes and show them with pride displaying your progress as you climb up the levels.
- ✅ REDUCE THE RISK OF BAD SMELL – Lightweight material in our Jiujitsu GI disperses sweat faster, means no lingering bad smells ruining your GI. So, you won’t have to experience rancid odors distracting you from training or competing. Just wash the BJJ Kimono after your training session and wear clean your BJJ Jiujitsu GIs every next day.
Elite Sports Ultra Light BJJ Gi Review
Review of the Elite Sports Ultra Light BJJ Gi, available at https://www.elitesports.com/brazilian-jiu-jitsu-bjj-gis Gi is grey. Size A2. I created this video with the ...
6. Sanabul Essentials v.2 Ultra Light BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi with Preshrunk Fabric
Sanabul Essentials V.2 Ultra Light BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi with Preshrunk Fabric (Black, A0)
$65.48 in stock
- The Perfect Fit: We take the guesswork out of sizing. Our preshrunk gi can be thrown in a cold water wash and hang dried, without having to worry about shrinkage. Check the Sanabul sizing chart in the images to find yours. Still need to shrink it? No problem, you can wash this gi in hot water and machine dry it to bring it down a size
- Just What You Need: A Jiu Jitsu gi created to go on the journey with you. We designed The Essential series to stand up to extended use, and we sell it at a fair price. Tested by Pros, Created for You: Some of the top competitors in the world rep Sanabul, like BJJ black belt Guilherme Bomba and legendary Jiu Jitsu coach, John Danaher. They put our designs through the ringer, so you can trust what you’re wearing has the same grit as you
- Fit Right In: Sanabul Essentials sports a classic, uncluttered style that you can wear confidently on your first day or when upgrading to a cleaner look
- Lightweight, Heavy Duty: Lightweight gi are ideal for hot summer months, or keeping you light and agile in competition. But we also make ours tough. Stiff, rubberized collars, tapered sleeves, and dense single weave design means you won’t sacrifice firmness for speed
- Stays Dryer and Cleaner: This bjj gi fabric is specially treated, so it stays dryer and cleaner during those marathon gym sessions. For a limited time you can get a FREE SANABUL BJJ BELT (ANY COLOR BELT!!!) with your purchase. In order to get the free belt, you MUST SELECT THE BELT SIZE AND COLOR FROM THE BELT LISTING AND ADD IT TO YOUR CART.
7. Your Jiu Jitsu Gear Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Premium Uniform with Free BJJ Belt
Your Jiu Jitsu Gear Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Premium 450 Black BJJ Uniform A3
- We are a 100% USA company. Our profit stays 100% in the USA. If you see a GI priced lower than ours, most likely your money goes to somewhere overseas.
- FREE WHITE ALL BJJ GI! 450 is our Premium fabric but still light.350 is lighter fabric with NO BRANDS ADVERTISING ON IT!
- Completely Blank:You add the patches you want. You won't be a Free billboard advertising brands.
- Fully customization: You add the patches you want to support your school.
- Made by a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu specialist with more than a half century on the mat!
Your Jiu Jitsu Gear Gi Review
My review of the "Your Jiu Jitsu Gear" Gi.
Shopping for a bjj gi or Brazilian Jujitsu Gi clothing , here is what you need to know when shopping for a bjj gi in Brazilian Jujitsu is one of the few things we really get to do to actually bring something material to our jiu-jitsu mat and I’m not just saying that as a pun I mean that it is one of the few parts at least externally in jiu-jitsu where we get to show our own personality and actually make some shopping choices for the most part so let’s look at a few things you should consider when shopping your next or perhaps first bjj gi . Finding the right clothing apparel can be hard sometimes.
The first thing you need to look at before you shop for your gear is do you have restrictions on which gi’s you can buy now this is mainly due to normally Academy or affiliations for the clothing apparel, so for instance in some gravy bar high gyms you can only wear their particular type of white Gracie bar high clothing apparel now that’s something to consider because if you rock up to your local say Gracie bar high gym in your new blue shorter old $500 bjj gi well you’re not going to be too happy that you can’t sport your new gear.
When I say you can’t train here you need to buy one of our gi’s so do make sure you research that or ask your instructor or potential instructor first before shelling out on a bjj gi. Again it sucks if you cant where your new gear. But some places are very particular with the clothing apparel you wear. Just a FYI
Number two going to go out and apparel shopping for the 500 dollar gear first chances are your first year you’re going to accidentally dry your gear or shrink it or bleach it or do something that you maybe shouldn’t do and that’s going to ruin it potentially or at least you’re going to find that you like a different type of gi or a different fit or design of gi so don’t buy the $500 ultra premium limited edition fancy bjj gi before you’ve been in the sport for at least a couple of months
When you do buy a gi presuming that you want to compete you are going to want either a white or a blue gi perhaps also black but some competitions don’t allow black it’s very important to know the exact clothing apparel and that you’re also going to want to see some gis are really comfortable but maybe don’t fall in line with IBJJF guidelines for your gear.
To be honest I never ever get my gi check competing and in the past however do be aware of that make sure you use online reviews from jiujitsugi.net to find out what gis are getting the best reviews not just by a reviewer that’s getting sent free bjj gis who’s of interest to give a good praise in their online review but also just people who rate them on site actual real consumers like yourself. As you are aware we use actual amazon reviews not just our own, and we do not get freebies on any clothing apparel …That’s just being cheap and not helping the companies out.
So now when it comes to buying a gi you have two main material choices for your clothing apparel, light or heavy, of course there’s in between but let’s look at the polar extremes for now .A heavy gi would be anything I would say 450 GSM are over as grams per square meter of material so any double we’ve type games these are heavy you’re going to notice that there are more durable however they are heavier , so they take a lot longer to dry and they are hotter so very important to realize that there are pros and cons of a heavy bjj gi but one of the pros is if it has a thick collar or very thick material they can be hard to grip so can be can be advantageous in a competition scenario although you will pay a weight penalty so in jujitsu we most of the time weighing with a gi for competitions so if you buy a heavy gi you’ve got more dieting to do whereas your partner that your competitor that you’re competing with you they may not have a heavy gi they may have a light gi that’s a third the weight of yours so they get to take in an extra two kilos of muscle mass for that division so you’re really going to have to experiment with the gear and see what types of gis you like.
I personally especially during the warmer months I like lightweight gi so I’m mainly at the moment I wear a lot of gayness air gi’s when i shop and also some tatami zero-gi ,at the moment the I like them because they dry quick I can put my gear in the Wash . I go through maybe 10 12 gi a week washing them so if they dry fast I have less Gi’s drying around my house all day . I also think you really want to consider designs I’m a big believer I like to be a little bit unique now I’m not saying I need to be fancy I think that can be overdone but I do like is to be a little bit unique it might be a little bit of thread stitching or a little bit of design for my gear or a color but I really like to let my personality shine through with my gi I’ll also aftermarket customized most of my bjj gi with affiliation patches of the rcj Machado lineage and I’ll also put in often little things like little little segments of the jujitsu community so for instance at my physical jujitsu club a lot of the training students there are vegan so they have a little vegan jujitsu patch that they put on their gis here there or everywhere and there’s lots of different ones like that I see around that I really like ,you know to bring a little bit of your personality through your gi and to help your students and training partners who are surrounding you to actually get to know you a little bit better so there you have a guys the big thing that I would constantly constantly remind my students when shopping for these is make sure it’s going to fit you now we have different lengths and widths of gis to cater to stocky and lanky body types but these are all over the places and remember size guides aren’t necessarily very good indicators of how a gi will fit so try to find someone who may be your body type in that clothing brand of gi that you can judge what size you would be and make sure you check in reviews if they shrink or not because what fits you today may not fit tomorrow after you wash it for the first time – be sure to check that out online find some great gis and enjoy your rolling have a great rest of your day guys I’ll see you next time I’m coach Pete