The Best BJJ Apparel For 2018 Reviews
1. TATAMI Estilo 5.0 Gi
TATAMI Estilo 5.0 Gi Black A1
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0612058487247|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 290; Length: 1660; Weight: 405; Width: 1230|
|Product Type Name||SPORTING_GOODS|
|Title||TATAMI Estilo 5.0 Gi Black A1|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 612058487247|
Tatami Fightwear Estilo 5 0 Premium Jiu-Jitsu Gi
The Tatami Estilo 5.0 is the culmination of years of development and research by the professional Gi designers at Tatami. Working with our team of high level ...
2. Fuji BJJ Uniform
Fuji BJJ Uniform, White, A3
2 used from $ 66.28
- The BEST SELLING and MOST TRUSTED BJJ gi (kimono) in the world. The FUJI All-Around is an AWARD WINNING Gi (kimono) recognized by many industry publications.
- Mid-weight with stiff, thick collar, multi-layered reinforcement across all stress points, designed for FIT, DURABILITY, and COMFORT
- FUJI Premium Cotton Blend
- 100% IBJJF Certified
- FUJI: Achieve Excellence
The Award-winning FUJI All Around BJJ Gi is the world’s best-selling BJJ uniform. Designed using FUJI’s Premium Cotton Blend, this gi is recognized for its superior fit, comfort, and durability. Trusted by more academies than any other, the FUJI All Around holds a unique position in the sport. The best-selling and most trusted BJJ uniform on the planet. FUJI: Achieve Excellence
The Ultimate FUJI Sports BJJ Gi Guide
Fuji Sports is one of the key brands in BJJ. They are known for their quality gi's with a clean design. This clean design also makes it hard to tell the different gi's ...
3. Fuji Summerweight BJJ Uniform
Fuji Summerweight BJJ Uniform, Black, A2
- Pearl weave
- Thick rubber collar resistant to mildew
- Preshrunk Gi
- Durable pants
- Includes two FREE sew on patches
The Fuji Summerweight Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi is highly recommended for hot weather training and making weight at competitions. With subtle style, this gi features the Fuji Sports logo centered on the back and left sleeve and ribboning on the inside of the lapel.
How a BJJ Gi Should Fit - Travis Stevens
Get the perfect fitting gi at http://www.fujisports.com/bjj/gis.html and SUBSCRIBE for weekly BJJ & Judo Pro Tips from #TeamFUJI Olympians, World Champions ...
4. Fuji Suparaito Gi
Fuji Suparaito BJJ GI Martial Arts Uniform, Blue, A3
- Lightweight Pearl weave jacket
- Triple reinforced rip Stop pants
- Stiff collar with extra rows of stitching
- Bungee cord drawstring
- Contrast stitching
Suparaito, which means super Lite in Japanese, is part of Fuji's Summit product line which is designed for the serious competitor. The suparaito gi features a very light pearl weave jacket with a rip stop collar with extra rows of stitching, and rip stop pants. Suparaito is IBJJF approved.
Fuji Suparaito "Super Lite" Gi Review
Two of fuji's suparaito gi's were used hard by myself for 4 months. How well do they hold up? Is it the light weight gi for you or should you pass on by?
5. Elite Sports IBJJF Ultra Light BJJ Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi W/Preshrunk Fabric & FREE BELT
Elite Sports NEW ITEM IBJJF Ultra Light BJJ Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi w/Preshrunk Fabric & Free Belt (Black, A1)
- NO SHRINKING - Made from pre-shrunk fabric you'll never have to worry about your BJJ GI shrinking after the first wash again. Just wash your ELITE SPORTS ULTRA LIGHT JIU JITSU GI in cold water and hang to dry.
- IBJJF APPROVED - This is an IBJJF approved KIMONO. Available sizes are for both males and females from ages 18 to up 55 years old. This Brazilian Jiu Jitsu uniform has a very stylish design and is also available in all traditional colors: black, royal blue, navy blue, white, and gray.
- FREE WHITE BELT w/ STRIPE BAR - We've included a matching white belt if you're just starting out. With this preshrunk gi we've paved close attention to the smallest details like the stitching and the tapered fit on the kimono itself leaving no excess material. You'll be in amazed when your lightweight GI stands up to the test of time and hard work. The free while belt comes with a stripe bar that will allow you to earn your stripes and show them with pride as you earn them.
- REDUCE THE RISK OF INFECTIONS - Lightweight material disperses sweat faster and is treated against any buildup of bacteria and fungal infections. You'll never have to worry about a buildup of bacterial infections or fungal infections such as ringworm and staph. The anti-odor treatment on our GIs means no lingering bad smells ruining your GI. Your GI will stay fresh, you won't have to experience rancid odors distracting you from training or competing.
- TRAIN HARDER FOR LONGER - With it's lightweight material you won't experience the discomfort of overheating and you'll be able to train longer and push harder in competitions. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT SIZING, PLEASE WRITE YOUR QUESTION ALONG WITH YOUR HEIGHT AND WEIGHT IN THE CUSTOMER QUESTIONS & ANSWERS SECTION BELOW.
Train Harder For Longer With The ELITE SPORTS ULTRA LIGHT BJJ JIU JITSU GI w/ Pre-shrunk Fabric: The pre-shrunk fabric means you'll never have to worry about your BJJ GI shrinking after the first wash. Its durable lightweight material is long lasting & prevents overheating, allowing you to train harder for longer & keep your focus when competing. IBJJF Approved & Unisex This is an IBJJF APPROVED KIMONO. Available sizes are for both males and females from ages 18 to up 55 years old. This BJJ uniform has a very stylish design and is also available in all traditional colors. Free White Belt With Stripe Bar We've included a free white belt that comes with a stripe bar; allowing you to show your stripes as you earn them. We've also payed close attention to the smallest details like the stitching and the tapered fit on the KIMONO/GI itself, leaving no excess material. Reduce The Risk of Infection: Lightweight material disperses sweat faster & is treated against any buildup of...
Elite Sports Ultra Light BJJ Gi Review
Review of the Elite Sports Ultra Light BJJ Gi, available at https://www.elitesports.com/brazilian-jiu-jitsu-bjj-gis Gi is grey. Size A2. I created this video with the ...
6. Sanabul Essentials v.2 Ultra Light BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi with Preshrunk Fabric
- The best and only brand name gi at this price point is now better than ever.IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO CHECK THE NEW SIZE CHART AS WE HAVE UPDATED OUR SIZING. OUR GIS TEND TO RUN BIGGER THAN MOST BRANDS
- No more shrinking! The Essentials v.2 is the only ultra light weight gi on the market that is preshrunk. You do not need to worry about the old reviews about the gi shrinking because now you can wash the gi in cold water and hang dry without the gi becoming smaller. Note that if you intentionally want the gi to shrink you can wash it in hot water and put it in the dryer. Please refer to the Sanabul Fit Guide for detailed shrinking instructions
- New size chart to accommodate most body types. Our gi has a tapered athletic cut without all the excess gi material and bagginess of a traditional martial arts gi. If you already own our original Essentials gi and are looking to buy v.2, please check the new size chart as we have updated our size guide. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT WHICH SIZE TO ORDER PLEASE LET US KNOW YOUR HEIGHT AND WEIGHT IN THE CUSTOMER QUESTION AND ANSWER SECTION BELOW AND WE WILL GIVE YOU OUR RECOMMENDATION
- The light weight fabric is perfect for summer training, competitions, or just because you want a light comfortable gi. Our single weave gi is more durable than other single weave kimonos. The fabric also has an Antimicrobial and Anti Odor treatment which helps to prevent the spread of bacterial and fungal infections
- We care about our customers. As of Nov 8 2015, our new Essential v.2 gi's have additional features such as preshrunk light weight fabric, stiffer rubberized collar, updated design and size chart, and compact-stitch embroidery, which consists of dense tightly knit threads. For a limited time you can get a FREE SANABUL BJJ BELT (ANY COLOR BELT!!!) with your purchase. In order to get the free belt you MUST SELECT THE BELT SIZE AND COLOR FROM THE BELT LISTING AND ADD IT TO YOUR CART.
NEWLY UPDATED Sanabul Essentials Version 2 BJJ Gi (Kimono) The Sanabul Essentials Gi is an elegantly designed gi that is both light on the wallet and on the scale, a necessity for beginners and experts alike. While a few other companies offer a similar price point, their gi's do not include some of the features that make the Sanabul Essentials Gi a great a value. Preshrunk fabric. (reviews of the gi shrinking after washing are referring to the previous version of the gi). We listened to customer feedback about the original material and now use a preshrunk ultra light weight pearl weave fabric (ONLY ULTRA LIGHT WEIGHT GI ON THE MARKET TO HAVE PRESHRUNK MATERIAL). Please note that the material is like any other preshrunk cotton material, it will not shrink on a cold wash with hang drying but will shrink slightly in a hot wash or when machine dried. Ultra light weight Pearl Weave fabric perfect for a summer training, competitions, or just because you want a light comfortable...
7. Your Jiu Jitsu Gear Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Premium Uniform with Free BJJ Belt
Your Jiu Jitsu Gear BJJ Gi Premium Contrast and Free Belt (White/black, A2 +- 5'8 height)
- FREE WHITE OR BLUE BELT W ALL GIS! Light fabric 350 grams
- WE PROFIT LITTLE SO YOU BENEFIT MORE! Best Price and quality guaranteed
- Completely Blank:You add the patches you want. You won't be a Free billboard advertising brands.
- Fully customization: You add the patches you want to support your school.
- Made by a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu specialist with more than a half century on the mat!
Great BJJ Gi made to last. Designed by Brazilian jiujitsu specialists. Perfect for training, our BJJ Gi is completely blank so you won't be an advertising billboard on the mat. Just customize it to support your school and sponsors.
Your Jiu Jitsu Gear Gi Review
My review of the "Your Jiu Jitsu Gear" Gi.
Shopping for a bjj gi or Brazilian Jujitsu Gi clothing , here is what you need to know when shopping for a bjj gi in Brazilian Jujitsu is one of the few things we really get to do to actually bring something material to our jiu-jitsu mat and I’m not just saying that as a pun I mean that it is one of the few parts at least externally in jiu-jitsu where we get to show our own personality and actually make some shopping choices for the most part so let’s look at a few things you should consider when shopping your next or perhaps first bjj gi . Finding the right clothing apparel can be hard sometimes.
The first thing you need to look at before you shop for your gear is do you have restrictions on which gi’s you can buy now this is mainly due to normally Academy or affiliations for the clothing apparel, so for instance in some gravy bar high gyms you can only wear their particular type of white Gracie bar high clothing apparel now that’s something to consider because if you rock up to your local say Gracie bar high gym in your new blue shorter old $500 bjj gi well you’re not going to be too happy that you can’t sport your new gear.
When I say you can’t train here you need to buy one of our gi’s so do make sure you research that or ask your instructor or potential instructor first before shelling out on a bjj gi. Again it sucks if you cant where your new gear. But some places are very particular with the clothing apparel you wear. Just a FYI
Number two going to go out and apparel shopping for the 500 dollar gear first chances are your first year you’re going to accidentally dry your gear or shrink it or bleach it or do something that you maybe shouldn’t do and that’s going to ruin it potentially or at least you’re going to find that you like a different type of gi or a different fit or design of gi so don’t buy the $500 ultra premium limited edition fancy bjj gi before you’ve been in the sport for at least a couple of months
When you do buy a gi presuming that you want to compete you are going to want either a white or a blue gi perhaps also black but some competitions don’t allow black it’s very important to know the exact clothing apparel and that you’re also going to want to see some gis are really comfortable but maybe don’t fall in line with IBJJF guidelines for your gear.
To be honest I never ever get my gi check competing and in the past however do be aware of that make sure you use online reviews from jiujitsugi.net to find out what gis are getting the best reviews not just by a reviewer that’s getting sent free bjj gis who’s of interest to give a good praise in their online review but also just people who rate them on site actual real consumers like yourself. As you are aware we use actual amazon reviews not just our own, and we do not get freebies on any clothing apparel …That’s just being cheap and not helping the companies out.
So now when it comes to buying a gi you have two main material choices for your clothing apparel, light or heavy, of course there’s in between but let’s look at the polar extremes for now .A heavy gi would be anything I would say 450 GSM are over as grams per square meter of material so any double we’ve type games these are heavy you’re going to notice that there are more durable however they are heavier , so they take a lot longer to dry and they are hotter so very important to realize that there are pros and cons of a heavy bjj gi but one of the pros is if it has a thick collar or very thick material they can be hard to grip so can be can be advantageous in a competition scenario although you will pay a weight penalty so in jujitsu we most of the time weighing with a gi for competitions so if you buy a heavy gi you’ve got more dieting to do whereas your partner that your competitor that you’re competing with you they may not have a heavy gi they may have a light gi that’s a third the weight of yours so they get to take in an extra two kilos of muscle mass for that division so you’re really going to have to experiment with the gear and see what types of gis you like.
I personally especially during the warmer months I like lightweight gi so I’m mainly at the moment I wear a lot of gayness air gi’s when i shop and also some tatami zero-gi ,at the moment the I like them because they dry quick I can put my gear in the Wash . I go through maybe 10 12 gi a week washing them so if they dry fast I have less Gi’s drying around my house all day . I also think you really want to consider designs I’m a big believer I like to be a little bit unique now I’m not saying I need to be fancy I think that can be overdone but I do like is to be a little bit unique it might be a little bit of thread stitching or a little bit of design for my gear or a color but I really like to let my personality shine through with my gi I’ll also aftermarket customized most of my bjj gi with affiliation patches of the rcj Machado lineage and I’ll also put in often little things like little little segments of the jujitsu community so for instance at my physical jujitsu club a lot of the training students there are vegan so they have a little vegan jujitsu patch that they put on their gis here there or everywhere and there’s lots of different ones like that I see around that I really like ,you know to bring a little bit of your personality through your gi and to help your students and training partners who are surrounding you to actually get to know you a little bit better so there you have a guys the big thing that I would constantly constantly remind my students when shopping for these is make sure it’s going to fit you now we have different lengths and widths of gis to cater to stocky and lanky body types but these are all over the places and remember size guides aren’t necessarily very good indicators of how a gi will fit so try to find someone who may be your body type in that clothing brand of gi that you can judge what size you would be and make sure you check in reviews if they shrink or not because what fits you today may not fit tomorrow after you wash it for the first time – be sure to check that out online find some great gis and enjoy your rolling have a great rest of your day guys I’ll see you next time I’m coach Pete
- 1 TATAMI Estilo 5.0 Gi Black A1
- 2 Fuji BJJ Uniform, White, A3
- 3 Fuji Summerweight BJJ Uniform, Black, A2
- 4 Fuji Suparaito BJJ GI Martial Arts Uniform, Blue, A3
- 5 Elite Sports NEW ITEM IBJJF Ultra Light BJJ Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi w/Preshrunk Fabric & Free Belt (Black, A1)
- 6 Sanabul Essentials v.2 Ultra Light BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi with Preshrunk Fabric (Navy, A0)
- 7 Your Jiu Jitsu Gear BJJ Gi Premium Contrast and Free Belt (White/black, A2 +- 5'8 height)