Hey all, we all know buying online can be a pain in the you know what, we’ve been there. So to take the guess work out of buying online a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi, or bjj gi, we compiled a list of what people all over the internet and people at the gym are saying fits them the best , first try, the first time they buy it online, unpack it, and put the bjj gi on without having to return it for another size. So here we go, the list of the The Best Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi that fits the best — First Try.
The Best Jiu Jitsu Gi For Best Fit
Best 550-gsm Pearl Weave Material Jiu Jitsu Gi For Best Fit
1. – Hayabusa Cotton Shinju 2 Pearl Weave Jiu Jitsu Gi
- Designed with 550-gsm Pearl Weave Material for Superior Strength and Durability
- 10oz Cotton Ripstop Pants for Ultimate Comfort and Maneuverability
- Quick-Dry, Fully Breathable and Preshrunk for an Ideal Fit
- Patch Detailing On Lapel, Chest, Shoulders, Back and Legs
- Adorned with Traditional Kanjis Meaning “Certain Victory”
- Ripstop pants –slightly slimmer than most. Made from a lightweight ripstop material that moves and dries very well. They have a round cord, with multiple loops on each side to keep the cord secure.
- the pants has rip-stop technology which is great in order to avoid major rips.
- feels very durable and breathes well
- the patches look good on it and the black and red-tealgreen color scheme is very well done
- after one wash in cold water with hanging it to dry, it appeared that the sleeves shrunk just a tiny bit, it hasn’t shrunk anymore after that not the lightest gi i own but not the heaviest
As of February 2018, The newest model “Hayabusa Shinju 3.0 Pearl Weave Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi” can be seen here and may have more sizes available.
Full Review of the Hayabusa Shinju 3.0 Pearl Weave Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi can be seen here
More Like This
Best 450 Gsm Hybrid Weave Jacket Jiu Jitsu Gi For Best Fit
2. – Tatami Nova Jiu Jitsu Gi
- FEATURES TATAMI LOGO PATCHES
- NEW DESIGN
- NEW IMPROVED CUT
- 450 GSM HYBRID WEAVE JACKET
- 9oz POLY COTTON PANTS
- Able to select what color belt you want when you check out
- The bjj gi is very nice fabric is firm yet flexible
- Rope string that supports the pants much better than your typical clothe string
- Incredible comfort and very sturdy.
- The cut is slimming
- It smelled like medicine at first, just wash it , that will take care of the problem
- May be a little on the larger size, but you can wash it in warm water and dry on high heat and it will shrink perfect to your size. Or you can just go with a smaller size. We think you should just get your correct size and if it is a little big, then just wash it, that way if you order the smaller size it may be to small and there is nothing you can do to fix that except return it.
More Like This
Best No Shrinking Jiu Jitsu Gi For Best Fit
3. – Elite Sports NEW ITEM IBJJF Ultra Light BJJ Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi
- NO SHRINKING
- IBJJF APPROVED
- Antimicrobial and Anti Odor treatment
- FREE WHITE BELT w/ STRIPE BAR
- Lightweight material
- It’s very lightweight yet feels high-quality and durable.
- Both the ripstop pants and top are very light and breath well, making this perfect for training when it’s hot
- gi top seems pretty durable and feels to have all the reinforcements in the areas where it is needed.
- The pants had plenty of room in the butt which allowed for good guard movement.
- A bit stiff at first however after a couple washes and setting the dryer on low with a fabric softener sheet it is comfortable to roll in without a rash guard on
- Doesn’t come with a belt
More Like This
Best 100% IBJJF Certified Jiu Jitsu Gi For Best Fit
4. – FUJI BJJ Uniform
- AWARD WINNING Gi (kimono) recognized by many industry publications
- Mid-weight with stiff, thick collar, multi-layered reinforcement across all stress points, designed for FIT, DURABILITY, and COMFORT
- FUJI Premium Cotton Blend
- 100% IBJJF Certified
- FUJI: Achieve Excellence
- Take the price into account, and it’s an incredible value.
- Minimal shrinkage compared to the Fuji’s when washed hot and put in the dryer,
- Holds up nicely to aggressive drilling & rolling.
- Great material for the price you pay.
- Pants waist fit perfect (the waist is adjustable so it fits even a small size 27 waist)
- Pants length are teeny bit long right out the box, but they become the perfect size after 1 or 2 hot washes (depending on how short you want). After 1 hot wash + dry, the pant length fits perfect.
- No belt included
- there are no internal ties to hold the top closed without a belt.
- Not the best for the Short and Skinny out of the box! (Must shrink in washer/dryer)
More Like This
Best 100% Cotton & Free Belt Jiu Jitsu Gi For Best Fit
5. – Kingz Basic 2.0 BJJ Jiu Jitsu Gi
- No other gi at this price rance will come close in terms of cut, durability and quality of craftsmanship.
- The Jacket is made of 100% cotton 400gsm pearl weave plus fabric, heat resistant vulcanized rubber collar,
- 10oz drill cotton pants
- FREE WHITE BELT
- Notables who sport this gi are: 8x world champion Bruno Malfacine (wearing our black in the pictures), 5x World Champion Leandro Lo (wearing white) and World Champion Ary Farias (wearing blue)
- products have been tested and approved by the best in the business since 2010
- adult gis comes in 12 sizes including L (long) and H (husky) sizes.
- 400 GSM High Tech Pearl Weave jacket
- 10 oz drill cotton material
- Double reinforced knee padding
- Cord drawstring with 6 loops
- Soft cotton seam taping
- 95% preshrunk (expect the slightest bit of shrink)
- Includes Kingz white belt
- nice quality and it did match the sizing chart for the most part
- The belt that comes with it is white, it doesn’t give you the options to get another color
- It will shrink when washed , about 10% , so maybe want to get a size up if you are going to wash it in the washer and dry it
More Like This
Shinju Pearl Weave Review
BJJ Tatami basic Nova Gi Review
This is the first gi i ever bought for BJJ, and has been the main gi i have been wearing. The other gi's i mentioned, was the Gameness hayabusa and the Fuji All around.
Elite Sports Ultra Light BJJ Gi Review
Review of the Elite Sports Ultra Light BJJ Gi
BJJ Fuji all around Gi review
This is my other gi i occasionally wear. I have only had this gi for a couple of months. So i thought i would share my thoughts on it. When you are new, i reckon its best to buy the basic...